You can help lots of people by donating little. We are Partners for Resource and Community Connect (PARC-Uganda), formerly Luhwahwa Youth Development Foundation (LUYODEFO), a Ugandan non-profit organization.
What started as a small discussion group is steadily growing due to the provision of mostly needed socio-health and economic services. As our work is organically evolving, we rebranded but our mission remained the same: to improve the quality of life in a community that is rife with poverty and its associated social issues.
PARC-Uganda directly makes a difference and benefits the lives of over 3,000 people every year through a wide variety of projects in education, health & medical care, sustainability, and other relief to those who are most in need of it.
Projects and impact
Currently, we are able to deliver services through
- 1 school built, sponsoring orphans and vulnerable children, and offering academic enrichment programs for children
- Feeding children at school to improve nutrition and help them concentrate on their studies
- Building gender separate toilets and installing rain water harvesting systems in public institutions
- A tailoring centre for skill training, while making school uniform to our student
- Partnering with health facilities to provide quality care and ensure our students get vaccinations
- Reproductive health education and provision of sanitary pads to help girls stay in school